Friday, July 29, 2011

An Open Letter to the Universe



Dear Universe,

Your attempts to keep me away from this girl are nothing short of cruel. At first, I brushed it off as simple coincidence. But now, 2 years after seeing this lovely face for the first time, my absolute adoration has not waned, and you continue to mock me.

Coincidence, I think not.

Rather, full blown intent to separate. But for what? For why? I have put some thought into this, because, Universe, you are complicated. However, I believe I have figured it out. You clearly are threatened by the potential power storm of amazing magical explosions that will occur when Jasmine Ash and I rise above your futile efforts and, once and for all, fulfill our destiny to HANG OUT.

Well I have news for you, Universe. You will not keep us apart. We shall overcome. We will be in the same city for more than 3 days and we will meet up for coffee and we will talk about pups and nail polish and bunnies and the Beatles.

So get over it. Because it's happening. And the world will be a better place for it. So get on the goddamned bandwagon already and stop hatin'.

Regards,
Melanie

UPDATE: My browser crashed as I was posting this and everything was LOST! GONE! BYE BYE! That has NEVER happened before and frankly, Universe, I take that as a threat. Bring it, bitch.

No comments: