Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sis

I have two older sisters. Sarah and Mary Lee.
Mary and I used to share a room. I was messy. She was not. Once, Mary got me moved out of our room and into Sarah's for a month. She used to put up tape dividing the room in half. This tape was not to be crossed. Berlin Wall-style.
Now, Mary lives in Manhattan in a 2-bedroom apartment with no roommate. When I visit, we sleep in the same bed.
Sarah used to tie me to the swing set...with jump ropes. Whenever we went swimming, she'd pretend to drown. After 10 minutes of struggling to get her to safety, she would "come back to life." I thought it was real. Every time.
Yesterday, Sarah told me that if anything ever happens to her, she wants me to raise her kids.
I'm glad they exist.
The photograph above is of my nieces, Elaina and Abigail.
They are new sisters.

No comments: